The playing field has three full size grass pitches which are used by Hethersett Athletic Football Club. There are 2 full size and one 7 or 9 aside pitch. The field is also used by Hethersett Memorial Playing Fields Bowls club, Hethersett Croquet club, Hethersett Hawks Cycle Speedway club and a Hethersett Running club. There is a large playground area and basketball court freestanding area. We also have a non-turf cricket pitch.
Pavilion Refurbishment Project
Our existing pavilion is 25 years old and has the following issues:
- The changing rooms are not suitable for women and girls.
- The roof has leaked a number of times and required emergency repairs.
- A number of sporting festivals used to take place at the ground but cannot anymore as the changing facilities are not up to standard.
- The Speedway club wish to host National events as they did previously however they are not able to do this due to inappropriate toilet and changing provision.
- Public toilets are required to service the playground users. Currently none are available and the existing toilets cannot be opened up on a daily basis nor are they suitable for children to use.
- The appearance of the building is encouraging antisocial behaviour and drug misuse reducing the appeal to families to use what is the only recreational space for 1.5 miles.
- The football club’s application to join the Anglian Combination League has been rejected because the current facilities have been assessed by the League as falling considerably short of the ground standards required.
The Trust’s priority is fundraising to extend and refurbish the pavilion to ensure it is fit for purpose and to provide quality community facilities to its key user groups and local community. This includes:
- A new community space for local groups
- Male, female and disabled toilet facilities accessible to all
- Improved and enlarged kitchen facilities
- First aid area
- New roof
- Extension to the car park
- Improved flexible changing facilities for all age groups and sports
- Officials changing rooms
- Storage facilities
View the proposed pavilion plans (.pdf)
The Trust has received an Awards for All grant from The BIG Lottery fund in 2017 to undertake community consultation on how the new facility can be used, create a 5 year community engagement plan and for this website.
The Trust was very grateful for this award.
Thank you to Persimmon Homes who have also provided £1000 towards the project.